Tuesday 1 May 2012

28 Days Take 2: Days 1 and 2

I'm enjoying being a part of the 28-day program again! I haven;t done it perfectly - I'm getting lots of rpactice at not beating myself up! Actually, not beating myself up is pretty well ingrained as a habit now, and I'm happier for it.

Yesterday, day 1, I decided not to follow the program menu exactly, since I've started the program several times now and am kind of bored with the recipes! So I winged it. I had greapefruit juice for breakfast - yum! - and some grapes for morning tes. At lunch I had an avocado, cut in half and filled with a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar, and I had some mroe grapes as well. By mid-afternoon I got quite hungry, so I had a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and olives. Dinner was more salad, with cucumber added as well.

I didn't exercise yesterday! I was feeling quite 'off' and exhausted, so my mental energy wasn;t quite up to the task of dragging me off the couch in the evening! Today I'll get it done, I feel much better.

Today I had to be up and out of the house early, adn after a very disrupted night with the kids I didn't get up in time to prepare food to take with me. Instead I bought a fruit smoothie for breakfast, and when I got home I had grapes and some sultanas for lunch. In between I also nibbled on the kids' bread rolls and had a couple of bites of my son's leftover biscuit. Not raw or remotely healthy, but I've eaten lots and lots of raw healthy food and I feel great anyway!

I've been taking photos each morning, and weighing myself, and I'm interested to see the change in me by the program's end! I'll post the photos when the program's finished. Seems easier than uploading one every day!

Happiness-wise I've made sure I've done something fun and not-food-oriented each day to keep me feeling indulged. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours gardening, which I love, while my baby girl sat on a blanket and watched, and smelled the lavendar and sage I pruned. Today I had my hair cut - always a treat! So I'm feeling overall positive, well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment