Thursday 8 March 2012

I'm ba-ack!

So after finishing the Garden Diet programs I was uncertain as to whether or not to continue this blog. I mean, I'm studying, working, raising my kids and all the rest of it! So by not blogging I thought I'd get a few minutes back in which to attend to some of the other stuff I do. Plus it seemed so neat and tidy finishing the blog at the end of the programs.

But.

Life's not neat and tidy, is it? And neither am I. So I've decided to continue. One day, in years to come, I may read back over this blog. I hope I'm not too embarrassed if I do!

For the last 3 weeks I've been kind of muddling along, making menu plans and not sticking to them, shopping for meals I haven;t ended up making, and eating more raw food than before the programs, but some cooked food (and junk food at that) too.

Enough, I decided! The way I've been eating during these last 3 weeks hasn't made me feel good, so I'm continuing the blog as a way to keep tabs on myself and pay attention to how I'm feeling.

My basic idea for how I'm going to eat is: A green smoothie for breakfast, a salad plate for lunch (lots of cut up vegies, some sauerkraut or sundried tomatoes or olives and some nut or seeed pate, all topped with a squeeze of lemon or lime), a drink in the afternoon (like a green juice or nut milk or blended watermelon) and a raw meal for dinner, which is when I'll try out lots of new raw recipes and share them with my family. My family will eat the same as me except that at lunch they can have bread as well, and at dinner they'll have a cooked dish as well as the raw one. So I've written a menu for the first week... let's see how I go!

(I also found the 'before and after' photos really motivating last time, so I'm going to keep going with them... updated photos coming tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment