Thursday 23 February 2012

Post-Diet and I can't eat unhealthy food!

I am never drinking again.

Not that I actually drink, or drank, any alcohol. I haven't drunk alcohol since I was pregnant with my 4-year-old, and before that I never drank much, just a glass of wine with dinner a few times a year. No, it's just that 'I'm never drinking again' is the classic post-party phrase of the seedy, and I kind of feel that way at the moment with some less good cooked foods.

So, the programs are over and I thought I'd relax a bit - still nothing like the way I used to eat, but just treat myself to some special yummy treats because I'd been avoiding them for so long. Over the last few days I've had a few Mint Slice biscuits and some of my husband's Indian take-away, plus about a quarter cup of pasta. Well, my body is reacting violently. I have a killer headache, sore throat, my glands are swollen and my body is stiff and aching. It's got to be the food. That can't be a coincidence. So it looks as though I'm going to stay eating raw foods for the forseeable future. I need that energy back, and the good feelings, and the feeling good!

There is a Free Guide to Raw at raw-pleasure.com.au and I'm working my way through the recipes in there. They all look super, and the ones I've had so far have been great.

From now on, then, tthere's no point messing around. Some cokoed foods seem fine for me (wholemeal bread, rice, pulses) in very small amounts, but it's all going to have to be healthy wholefoods and almost everything raw. I feel great about it actually, because I can see that here I definitely have a way to keep myself feeling fantastic for the long term.

My next challenge is designing foods to take with me on the bike on long rides. I'm thinking dried fruit balls, chia seeds in orange juice... I'll try some options and see what works.

2 comments:

  1. Hi mich. I've loved reading your blog! I'm a mumma of two and have been dabbling in raw. I've found your blog inspirational and hope you continue it as it is encouraging me to push through the business of life and give raw a real go. Thank you go sharing your honest and heartfelt experiances.
    Thanks again! Ana.
    Ps. You look amazing! Congratulations on the physical transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana! Good luck with your own raw experiments! It's been the best thing I've done, I hope you find the same to be true for you! Mich.

    ReplyDelete