Sunday 12 February 2012

Day 21

Green smoothie day! There are a million variations on green smoothies so I'm not bored after one day. My favourite one was a tie between lunch (watermelon with mint) and dinner (orange juice, nectarines, banana and silverbeet). Both delicious and over far too quickly! We ate at my parents-in-law for dinner tonight, but rather than make my smoothie there I had it just beofre we left home. I didn;t feel awkward eating nothign at the dinner table though, because I sat my daughter on my lap and fed her, so I was occupied anyyway. Plus I nibbled on salad bits from my son's plate when he was finished, so I blended in with hat everyone else was doing anyway.

I am noticing though that I just can't seem to stay full, at least I couldn't today. I was constantly hungry! I ended up eating a few nectarines and two raw 'spiced fig balls' that I bought at the farmer's market - wonderful. Really wonderful. I tried to see what was in the fig balls - it looked like dried figs, dates, various nuts, pepitas, some other dried fruits, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and more. Absolutely devine. I'll be trying to make some myself, they were so good.

I finally got back on the bike today! Just 45 minutes on the home trainer, but it's a start. My knees both 'click' when under load, and it bothers me so much that I've stopped runing until I fix this issue. I'm focusing on  cycling to build the muscles around the knee, and yoga to increase those muscles' flexibility, strategies which I hope will allow it to track properly and eliminate the clicking. I really enjyoed being back on the bike - my inertia was lifted and I feel both physically and metaphorically 'in motion' again.

Today's happiness exercise is to notice and get excited about our thoughts about ehat we want to create within our lives. I've been focusing on thiniing about an exciting new venture - after 10 years of working for other people I am about to launch my own photography business, and that is exciting and scary as anything! My thought all revolved around light today - the endless search for perfect light and new perfect ways to use it in my work. I'm committed to being reall authentic to my own vision and not being driven by market demands. I'm going to be a teacher when I finish uni in 2 years, so I don;t have to rely on making lots of bookings with my photography. I can just stick to what resonates with me and then the clients to whom that appeals will find me. It's a thrilling and liberating prospect and one that has occupied my mind for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment