Tuesday 7 February 2012

Day 16

The deep cleanse week is over and we're back to 'normal' raw vegan food - richer, more filling and varied than the deep cleanse menu. And I love it! Raw vegan eating is suddenly really easy again, now that I'm discovering new recipes again and eating with what feels like no restriction. I love it! The fact that a raw vegan diet seems unrestricted to me now shows the extent to which I have adopted a new normal.

Breakfast today was supposed to be a green smoothie, and I bought the ingredients but was halfway through my morning, and away from home, before I realised I forgot to make breakfast! Preschool days mean busy mornings :-). I bought myself a watermelonjuice instead - fresh, invigorating and so yummy! Lunch was fantastic - a recipe I've never had before - a sprout salad with avocado and the most delicious cashew nutdressing. The quantity was big enough that I had the leftovers for dinner! It worked really well having my dinner already made so I only had to cook for the boys rather than making two meals - I might try and do that more often. In between meals I snacked on fruit - lovely fresh plums :-).

The rain kept me off the bike and stopped me from running today - I like to run in the rain but it's not really fair on my baby to take her with me in the pram when it's pouring! Instead I'll do Koya's workout tonight when my son is asleep, and yoga as well if I'm not too sleepy.

Today's happiness exercise is to contemplate how I can live more lovingly, and to make a list of questions related to my life and related to loving. It's a challenging one but so far I have come up with the following:

How can I be more 'in the moment' to turn my whole focus on my husband and kids? How can I best show them how much I love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment