Friday 10 February 2012

Day 17

Raw was easy and breezy today, thank heavens. Cravings aren't really bothering me at the moment and I'm feeling good. I haven't been doing exrecise though. Once again I'm not booking it into my day - not scheduling it properly. That big bike ride is getting closer so I'd better get back into it!

My food today was awesome, but I felt hungry all day! It happens from time to time when my daughter is going through a growth spurt and breastfeeding mroe than usual. Breakfast was an orange, banana and blueberry smoothie, and while a smoothie usually keeps me full until lunchtime, today I was hungry again by 9:30am! I snacked on fruit throughout the morning, then had a celery soup for lunch. It was fabulous! I didn't blend it all that much - I didn't want it totally liquified, more like a mushy salad. I loved it. For dinner I deviated from the program's menu to make a fennel salad. I love fennel and haven't eaten it for ages, so when I saw the fennel bulbs in the shop I grabbed one with glee. I had raw broccoli and cauliflower with it, just because there aw some leftover when I rpepared my family's dinner. They had stir-fry, which is a great meal to make raw and cooked simultaneously. I chopped ingredients for everyone and just kept mine aside while I cooked theirs. Through the day I've also snacked on dates and nuts - super hunger busters!

Today's happiness exercise is to live our lives in a spirit of contribution. Well yesterday I did something I've been wanting to do for years and never got around to doing - I sponsored a child! So today when I bought some things I wanted for myself I made sure I spent a bit less, so that I can pay for my sponsorship. And doing that, contributing to improving the life of someone so much less fortunate than me, made me incredibly happy and I felt high on that all day. I was very patient and gentle with my kids, and gave them lots of attention, thinking all the time of children who are not so lucky. I feel so fortunate that I'm in a position to do something that can bring such joy to me as well as to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment