Monday 23 January 2012

And on to the 28-Day Transition to Raw - Day 1!

I have Day 1 excitement and mental strength again! Maybe I should think of every day as 'Day 1' of the rest of my life?

I've felt rgeat today and followed the menu plan... sort of. The Orange juice breaky is one of my favourites now, so I really enjoyed that. Not so much my daughter, who recently started eating solid foods, and who made the cutest sour-lemon face when I popped a bit of OJ in her mouth!

Lunch was great too - Tabbouli, and old favourite. Dinner was Gazpacho, which I also usually love, but today I simply wasn't hungry because I'd eaten heaps of macadamia and brazil nuts in the afternoon.

I ate the nuts not because I was hungry, but because something stressful happened with work and I had an incredibly strong urge to get into the kitchen and stuff myself with bread and cheese and muesli and eggs and my husband's chocolate stash! I thought about what to do... eat the cooked food? Why? I needed it to stuff away the stress! But then what? How about a new pattern? Should I just not eat anything, since I wasn't really hungry, or should I try and find raw foods to substitute for the cooked ones, to get through this crisis, then focus on weaning myself off using food as a crutch in any way at all? Well I went with the second option. Although the first might have been better from a physical health and mental growth point of view, I'm not there yet and the second was what I aould manage today. So yay me - those cooked foods really were very tempting in that moment!

I've done more exercise than usual today. Since I've committed to doing Around the Bay in a Day in October I really need to start getting ready for it now! So this morning I did Koya's week 1 workout, and this evening after dinner I rode my bike on the home trainer for 45 minutes. Tonight before bed I'll do some yoga. I love this new level of activity and the upcoming ride will make me sick with the training! It takes 3 weeks to form a habit...

Tiday;s happiness exercise was a return to focusing on being 'in the moment' and noticing the small sensual pleasures with which our days are filled. Today mine included stroking my son's impossibly perfect cheek, hugging him and feeling him hug me back with his whole body, getting the washing-up water to just the right temperature, and feeling my legs warm up and hit the perfect cadence on the bike. Mmmmmmm. I also enjoyed chatting with my lovely neighbours, singing a song I haven't heard for ages, and eating fantastic fruit from a wonderful greengrocer I've recently discovered. Life is great.

2 comments:

  1. hi there i came across jinjee's website a week or so ago and she linked to your blog. great to read your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsty! Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete