Tuesday 31 January 2012

Day 9

Day 9 of the 28-day program already! The time is flying. Today was not a good day for me diet-wise. I decided to modify the 'green cleansing day' because my juicer is broken and I couldn't therefore make green juice for breakfast. It was a shame, since I really enjoyed that green juice on the 21-day cleanse. I am saving my cents for a new juicer! A fancy powerful one that will extract all the goodness from my fruits and vegies. Meanwhile I manually juiced some oranges for breakfast, which were lovely.

For lunch I had the salad as prescribed, then in the afternoon it all went a bit haywire. I ate some olive bread with Nuttelex (a vegan butter substitute), and at dinner, instead of the fruit I had planned to eat, I ate some of my son's leftover Indian takeaway and even a few lollies! All of it made me feel unwell but I did it anyway. Why? Well the fruit I had was still hard and not ready to eat yet, so I just sort of grabbed what was there in front of me... Sigh. I am not beating myself up. But I do feel kinda flat about it. Still, before the cleanse I would have had a whole meal of Indian takeaway and this time I had 5 mouthfuls... breathe.

Exercise-wise I did Jules's raw yoga today, and that's it. And I'm exhausted. Not from the yoga - that made me feel great - but just generally. I hope this lifts soon!

Today's happiness exercise is to think about what I can do to be a proponent of raw vegan food to the world. For me that's a fairly easy question to answer. I believe that if I live what I believe - that a raw vegan diet is better for me than any other kind of diet - and if I lose weight and glow and am able to participate in sports, then people who are open-minded will ask about what I am doing and I can just answer their questions as they arise. Just today an acquaintance commented on my weight loss and I mentioned that I've been raw vegan all year so far. Her response was 'I might have to do that!' and I'm sure that if she is really curious she will investigate further. So I really think that all I have to do is be a raw vegan and let the results speak for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your experiences to date this year. You can do it. Just let your body lead you. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul! Little steps :-)

    ReplyDelete