Wednesday 11 January 2012

Day 10

I think this will be a short posting as it is late and we've had a full-on day!

Food has been great again. Today was a day of all liquid foods in preparation for tomorrow's water fast. I am still nrevous about it! I just want it to be here so I acn do it and not worry about doing it anymore. Then it will be done and the mystery and fear will be gone!

Depite being liquid today's food was filling and satisfying. Lots of grapefruit juice for breakfast - I mean around a litre of freshly squeezed juice! Yum! I was zinging and felt high and light afterwards. It took ages to drink so I took it along in a take-along coffee mug when I went about my day - I looked as though I was getting my morning fix of caffeine but it was a much purer and more satisfying energy source! Hee hee.

Lunch was a blended watermelon and that was great! Also amazingly filling and satisfying.

Dinner was a smoothie - one of my favourites.

Dealing with emotional detox has been quite a rollercoaster these last few days and it's much more 'raw' (pardon the pun) without food. Right now I am really frustrated. All I want to do is to go into the kitchen and eat bread and feel better. It's a graphic illustration of the numbing role food has played for me. I feel that all day I've been trying to keep everyone happy and do things for other people and this evening, when I went to do yoga, just half an hour of something for myself, my baby woke up after 7 minutes and that's all I got to do.

But.

Today's happiness exercise is to write positively. To notice all the good things happening to me.
I saw some wonderful friends today and our kids played in sheer joy together.
I made some people feel really happy.
I have a wonderful husband who does house work, goes to the shops just before they close for last minute forgotten items, and stays up late when the kids wake in the night so that I can get sleep. Bless!
I am in a position to buy a beautiful bloack of land and grow a lot of food myself.
I love the food I am eating.
Missing out on exercise is the exception rather than the rule for me these days.
My kids love me and when they are sad I can help them to feel better. They share their joy with me and all things are better in their eyes when they share them with me.
I am less and less tempted by cooked food, so the raw fiet is becoming ever easier to follow.
I am brave, curious, supportive, kind, welcoming and (almost always) positive.
I care about other people, animals, the environment and the planet.
My baby is asleep properly now so I can finish my yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment