Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 2

Day 2! It's been a lovely day. I really enjoyed my raw meals and boy, were they plentiful! Grapefruit juice breakfast - I never would have believed that grapefruit juice alone would keep me full and satisfied for four hours before I even started to think about eating anything else! Brilliant! The Mineralising salad for lunch and the salsa wraps for dinner were great. I made the wraps into a salad because I found that neater to eat. The food on this program is, so far, zesty, fresh, juicy and delicious. Each mouthful is a happy little flavour explosion - it is lovely! Although I won't shake the cayenne pepper jar quite so much next time :-). My husband and son have been eating the raw food too, along with some cooked food. They're enjoying the recipes as much as I am so far and it makes cooking for us all a lot easier if I integrate my food into their diet as well.

I had a couple of moments when I looked at cooked food I was preparing for my son and husband - homemade pumpkin gnocchi with a sundried tomato sauce - and thought, mmmm, if I wasn't doing this cleanse I'd enjoy that. Also, sitting at the computer I tend to want to snack - it's an unhelpful little snackety snack habit that I have. No 'cravings' thus far though, nothing I've had to muster real mental energy to resist. I can understand now why people say it's easier to be 100% raw than 99%. The line is drawn and the temptation to cheat seems lessened.

Exercise wise, not much happened today. I have found that since my daughter's birth I struggle to get back into a routine with exercise. I really forget to schedule it into my days, having become used to not moving much since the end of my pregnancy. It was about 5:30pm today before I remembered! Never mind, tonight when the kids are asleep I'll do the video workout that comes with the program, and some stretching. I am chronically tight in my hamstrings and I'm starting to stretch to try and improve them. That's something I'm really focusing on during this program - integrating stretching into my days so that it becomes something I do as a matter of course.

Today's journal exercise has to do with fears - identifying them and beginning to gain clarity and perspective on them. I found this exercise deceptively hard. Superficially it was easy-peasy to identify fears - being hit by a car when I'm riding my bike, losing a roll of film from a client's photo shoot, something bad hapenning to my children. That last one is every parent's true horror, I'm sure. But as far as getting really deeply into fears that might be holding me back from enjoying the best 'me' that I can, I'm findng that concept hard to engage with. My first reaction is 'I have no fears', which makes me think I must not be ready at the moment, or in the correct frame of mind, to gain the most benefit from this exercise today. Still, that's an insight in itself - that although I undoubtedly have hidden fears, I'm not ready to look them in the eye... yet.

My raw energy burst shows no sign of stopping... I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment