Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 15

I am a raw vegan!

Despite a few days of eating little bits of cooked foods along with my raw food, I still eat so much raw food that most people would consider me to be a raw vegan. And just like that I am one! It's what I wanted and it's great!

In this third week of the 21-day cleanse I've decided to make myself 'a day behind'. That's because where I live the time difference is so great to California, where the program is administered, that I don't get each day's email until the day is nearly through. I am finding that the emails really help keep me on track, plus I'd like to have the whole day to contemplate the 'happiness exercise' for that day, so I'm waiting until tomorrow to start today's allocated recipes. It means that today I had a 'day off' and just made up my own menu. Orange juice for breakfast, a salad for lunch, a berry smoothie for afternoon tea, then at dinner I ate lots of nuts and some bread - d'oh! Still learning. Still moving forward, being positive, and not beating up on myself!

I've noticed that I react to cooked foods with a very mild hayfever-like feeling in my sinuses. I really am starting to see how much better I feel with raw foods. I'm so thrilled with myself for having made this transition! For being a raw vegan, albeit not a perfect one! And while I began this cleanse hoping just to eat raw foods for its duration, I can't now imagine myself going back to eating a cooked diet. Extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment