Monday 2 January 2012

The close of Day 1...

Well Day 1 has been lovely. I enjoyed the food - great recipes and quick and easy to prepare. Chop a bit of this, mash a bit of that - bingo!

I've already come up against what I think will be a challenge for me during this cleanse - the need to be organised because my days are often unpredictable! Today we unexpectedly stayed with my husband's parents for dinner, and during the day were away from home longer than we initially anticipated. I am really glad that I had packed a bag of yummy fruit as well as the ingredients I needed to make my raw dinner. My in-laws are lovely about me preparing my own food - they're used to me doing things that are a bit left-of-centre (vegan, barefoot running) and are happy to go with the flow.

I loved exercise today. I'm generally quite active - at least I was before I had my daughter, and I'm just starting to get a little bit fit again now. I had a good brisk walk with the pram, then a paddle in a kayak. It was an easy day but it was nice just to be moving.

Whether it's the raw food or just my excitement about finally beginning this cleanse, I felt an amazing energy while I was walking today. I was filled with light and happiness and felt as if I could float away. watching my son fly his kite I felt as if I was a kite myself - joyous, laughing in the breeze and snapping with energy. Hackneyed cliches filled my thoughts: 'this is right for me right now', 'the time is now', 'I am me and the world is golden', but as predictable as these cliches are, they are as true for me right now as they have ever been for anyone. Everything was racing - my mind was full but not frantic, my legs hummed with energy and I wanted to keep on walking forever.

One series of thoughts that I had during my walk had to do with raw food, love, and nurturing. If God is love and nurture, then raw foods for me are Godly. Raw food eliminates the pain and suffering of animals involved in animal agriculture, and many of the workers involved in that industry. It nurtures the world by reducing carbon outputs in many ways. Raw food is a way I can nurture and love myself and the world. The radiance which filled me today truly felt divine and I am thrilled to have experienced it.

2 comments:

  1. I had many of the same feeling as you were experiencing when I went Raw cold turkey 2 years ago. I jumped in with both feet and would not have done it any other way. FOr me also it felt like that was THE time to get this lifestyle started.
    Keep it up!!
    Peace and RAW Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Elizabeth! I do feel great. :-)

    ReplyDelete