Friday 27 January 2012

Day 5

You know what? Weight is suddenly no big deal to me. And, paradoxically, that is a really big deal! I am a woman in the Western world, come on! But suddenly I don't care what I weigh (actually I don't know what I weigh since I have no scales), I don't care what size my clothes are. I just care about being healthy, as healthy as I an possibly be. This is a new feeling and it's awesome! If I am healthy and fit and toned then whatever size I am is perfect. I've told myself this in the past, but today I suddenly feel it to be true, and it's liberating!

Today's breakfast was orange and grapefruit juice - yum! Juicing them manually was not a huge hassle and they come out different that way to the way they came out of my juicer - no foam on top and a different texture. Less juice per orange though, unfortunately. Lunch was sunflower pate, and I scooped it up with tomato wedges and zzucchini sticks. Lovely! Dinner was supposed to be avocado, tomato adn watercress salad, but I'd snacked on fruit in the afternoon adn wasn;t hungry at diinner time, so I let it go. Before this diet I'd never have skipped a meal! Now I find I am listening to my body and my hunger signals more, and the food I do eat is so delicious that it's emotionally satisfying, so I'm not feeling the need to eat when I'm not hungry, just for pleasure's sake, anywhere near as often as I used to.

I rode my bike again today, n the home trainer. I'd planned to do an hour but I stopped after half an hour. My right knee was sore, so I need to check my position on the bike, and I need my husband to help with that, and tonight while I was on the bike he was settling the baby, bless him, so hw wasn't free to help. After a good warmpu it was still hurting, so I though it was better to cut the session short than persever and possibly hurt myself. I followed the bike session with half an hour's yoga, and feel great as a result.

How do I get time to do the exercise? I don't watch any tv! I've got no idea about current affairs. My husband holds the fort while I exercise, and I do the same for him. I go to bed late (the raw food is definitely helping me feel less tired, so that's handy! I don't think I could stay up late every night otherwise). When uni starts again in a few weeks I'll be reading uni notes while on the home trainer. And so on. I'm fining that with enough motivation (i.e. Around the Bay) I manage to make the time.

Today's happiness exercise is to reflect on things we love to do, share, give and offer. It would be easy to do this exercise superficially, but the more I contemplate it the more complex and at the same time the more simple it becomes. 'Love' is the answer to all the above, but there's the balancing act of love towards myself versus love towards others. So riding my bike is love towards myself, and it requires my husband to love me by making it possible for me to ride, which is something he loves to do, but if I didn't ride would that allow me to love my husband more by allowing him to relax? Either way I am a lucky lady :-)

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog from beginning to end and it is very inspirational. I have been off and on raw vegan for a few years now. I am contemplating getting back on. Like you I have decided not to beat myself up over eating cooked food. I am technically a vegetarian (still eat cheese and eggs). I enjoy eating fresh, live, fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds. I am focusing on intuitive eating. What is it for me to eat or drink right now is my guiding question. I am planning to do a 3 day orange juice feast starting Feb 1. So I will be back to follow your journey because I am hoping I will be able to transition to mostly raw after the feast. Love, light and liberaton Zera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zera, thanks for the comment! I like the sound of your approach - being 'in the moment' and tuned in to your body's needs and how it is feeling. Good on you! Enjoy your juice feast and rawness!
      Mich.

      Delete