Saturday 7 January 2012

Day 6

Well I feel soooooooo much better today. I feel great! I've lost weight too! I haven't weighed myself since the start of the cleanse, but today I wore shorts that haven't fit me for a year... they didn't fit me as recently as last week! *grinning!* My stomach looks flatter and my posture has improved. Boo-yah!

Today for the first time on this cleanse we had a meal which I probably won't make again. The breakfast juice was amazing and lunch was great, but the coleslaw for dinner was not my favourite. I've just never really loved coleslaw - I like it, but as a meal on its own I got a bit bored. Then again, is my food supposed to entertain me? I didn't get any strong cravings for non-raw food today. I spent a lot of time before the cleanse started thinking of potentially craving-inducing scenarios and devising raw options to replace cooke dones. Today we went to a cafe and I was very happy with a freshly squeezed orange juice - I felt that the others at the table were missing out, not having anything as luscious as my drink!

I went for a run today and it was lovely to be out and breathing deeply! It wasn't my most fun run ever - after a few days off the first run back is never quite as smooth as usual - but once I got warmed up I really enjoyed it. It's nice to be 'back'!

Today's happiness is a challenging one. To write a list of things I don't like about myself and my behaviour, then go back and write a positive aspect of each negative trait. A few I've tackled are:

Perfectionist --> Using my energy to make my life the best it can be while I have it.
Not enough sleep --> Making the most out of life by doing lots of activities.
Obsessive about goals --> Achiever.
Judgemental --> Committed to my values.
Inconsistent in my exercise --> I prioritise my family.

This is a really hard exercise and it took me ages just to get these four points down. It will be interesting to re-visit this exercise in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment