Wednesday 18 January 2012

Day 17 - Back on track! Yeeha!

I had a fantastic day! I feel like myself again. After yesterday's head-spinning funk I recognise myself again today. And I've eaten 100% raw food and felt great! I didn't do anything consciously to generate the change back to a positive spin - it just 'happened'. Or maybe I did do something - I ignored the day's menu on the program and went back to some favourites from the last couple of weeks, just following what my bosy felt like. Orange, banana and strawberry smoothie. A tomato and avocado salad. A big leafy green salad with celery and sauerkraut. Yummmm! I snacked on some dried apricots too, which aren't recommended on the program, but at least they are raw. Yay me!

Yesterday I did 'Jules's raw yoga' which is part of the program, plus Koya's 20 minute workout, and I loved them both. I felt sooooo great after finishing them. So tonight when the kids are in bed I plan to do the same again. Gee I sleep well after doing yoga! I am still struggling to integrate cycling into my daily life again, and I used to really love being a fit cyclist. My goal forthe rest of this week is to find ways to ride my bike each day so I can get back in the rhythm of training.

Today's happiness exercise has to do with being 'in the moment' with emotions instead of stuffing them down with food. I concentrated on being present for the day and found myself doing a lot less multitasking. When I breastfed my baby I gazed at her and whispered to her instead of writing a shopping list or reading a magazine. When I chatted with my son I really gave him my full attention. I'm not saying this is the first time I've done these things, but I often do try and do three things at once, so it was nice to really step back into the moment and experience it fully, whatever it held. Whether it's coincidence or whether my son picked up on my exercise at soem level, he helped me cook dinner tonight instead of playing by himself as he usually does while I cook. It was a really lovely 'together' moment.

I realised today that while most people probably rate the food part of this program as most important to them, then the exercise, and the happiness exercises last, for me the exact opposite is true. If I can do things to help improve my emotional life then my physical life improves (because when I'm happy I want to move!), and in turn I then crave healthy foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment