Saturday 21 January 2012

Day 21! Last day of the 21-day Cleanse!

It's been three weeks now and I've eaten over 90% raw food and begun to introduce more reguar exercise into my life. So can we see a difference yet? My husband took some 'during' photos today:



So I've lost fat from around my stomach and upper thighs, and I'm more toned. Thank you yoga and Koya workout! Other effects from the diet so far:


My skin is nicer.
I enjoy food more.
I drink much more water than I used to.
I have more energy.
I am happier - less stressed about my lifestyle!

I can't say I've felt great throughout, since every time I ate cooked food I felt sick in the stomach afterwards, and got headaches as well. But the fact that I can see a difference despite not following the program 100% means I am extra motivated to do the 28-day cleanse to the letter!

I have further motivation too - some friends and my husband and I have decided to ride this year's Aroudn the Bay in a Day ride in Melbourne - 250 k's in a day. The furthest I have ever ridden in one day is 135 k's, and I was a lot fitter then than I am now, so I have something to really work towards! To enjoy the ride I need to lose more fat (because the less dead weight I carry around the better!) and gain muscle, and be super healthy and get a lot more aerobically fit. Onwards!

2 comments:

  1. Oh most precious Michelle, what an inspiration you are. I have just read your posts and am in awe of you. That you have made the time to write a blog each day with so much detail, puts me to shame!! That you are exercising and doing the happiness exercises, slipping up occasionally but learning not to 'beat yourself up' and through the experience reinforcing the concept that raw definitely makes you feel better - what a wonderful woman you are.
    I feel so blessed to have met you (maybe one day we will meet in person).
    On line blogs are a mystery to me, I wish I knew more, you are inspiring me to do it too.
    With love and Gratitude
    Sandi
    PS thanks for sharing your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you look so beautiful and radient too!!!!

    ReplyDelete