Monday 9 January 2012

Day 8

Well we're into Week 2! I say 'we' because the community of people doing this cleanse and posting on the communal forum is just wonderful. I'm definitely not doing this alone. It's lovely to follow other people's experiences along with enjoying my own.

This week is a deep cleansing week and we're easing into, and later will ease out of, a full day of water fasting. Egads! I'm nervous, but so far the cleanse has agreed with me, pretty much, so I can only trust that it will continue to do so. Today was a fruit-only day - juice, a smoothie and a fruit salad. Doesn't sound like much. A few weeks ago I would never have believed that that small menu alone would keep me full. But, as my Mum pointed out to me, the healthier a person is, and the more fully their nutritional needs are met, the less likely they are to want to snack. It makes sense that when our bodies lack particular nutrients we will want to keep eating until we get those nutrients! And it seems that the opposite is also true. I'm feeling less and less snacky as the cleanse goes on, and snack portions have reduced considerably too - I need a lot less to feel full. One date, for example, is plenty now, where I might have eaten four before the cleanse.

I went for a run today. I felt a bit flat, to be honest, and I have a slight headache, and my throat is a little bit sore. Just little niggling things that mean I'm not feeling up to par. I assume that I am detoxing and these little symptoms mean I am getting healthier inside - yeeha! It meant that I ran more slowly than usual, and not quite as far - only about 4kms. Still, it was lovely to be out. I went for a walk as well, so I'm happy! My legs are looking more toned and muscly, which is gratifying to say the least!

Our journal exercise today is to get in touch with our feelings in the moment right now. So, right now I am:
Feeling the air move over my sore throat while I breather, It hurst a little more with each in-breath, so there's a rhythm of mild pain which intensifies then eases. My favourite bit of my breath right now is at the end of the exhalation when all the air is out and I can't fele my throat at all.

I've jsut realised that I'm holding the skin on my face tense because I am tired. I am so very tired. It's a chronic state, I'm sure, for all parents of young children, for most people, in fact. I spend a lot of time resisting tiredness so right now I'm going to surrended to tiredness, to sitting here tired, and just see how it feels. It's not worse, it's a lot more peaceful actually. It;s great for me to do exercises that connect me to the present moment because I do live in my head a lot.

I'm happy but also nervous. I have a huge workload coming up - the uni semester starts soon, we are selling our house, buying land and building, and there's all the flotsam and jetsam of everyday life which is enough as it is. 10 years ago I realised that life is short, very short, perhaps shorter that we think it will be, and if I want to do something I need to do it now, before I lose the chance. So ever since then I've been running towards goals, and while it's given me a life of great fulfilment so far, at times like today the sheer load can seem overwhelming.

Still, when I consider if I would change it --> Not a chance! I love my life and am so excited to have the opportunity to do all the things I do. I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment