Sunday 15 January 2012

Days 13 & 14

Since I decided that the deep cleanse week wasn't for me (this time), I decided that for days 13 and 14, the last two days of the deep cleanse week, I would design my own raw menu instead of following the program's plan. It didn;t make sense to follow the program for a couple of reasons: firstly because the days are designed to lead out of the water cleanse which I didn't do, and secondly because we spent the weekend visiting my Dad and I wasn;t going to have access to my juicer or blender.

I packed up my raw ingredients and took them with me, and had a lovely couple of days eating simple raw foods. Fruit salads, almonds, salads and plates of cut-up raw vegies. Everyone else ate some of what I ate plus some other foods. It worked really well! I felt well-fed and happy. I didn't stick to 100% raw, however. I snacked on some salted peanuts and ate a couple of my Dad's homemade Swiss Christmas biscuits - my favourites! However, I'm still happy that I ate a lot less unhealthy food that I otherwise might have. I also drank a lot of water - more than usual - and no coffee. So still a huge improvement in habits! Jinjee's email for Saturday reassures me that huge benefits will come from the program even though I'm not sticking to it exactly, and so the case seems to be.

In terms of exercise I just went for a couple of walks and did a bit of yoga - nothing serious. I really want to get a handle on my physical life so that I'm more constantly active. Tomorrow I've organised for my husband to watch the kids while I ride my bike on the rollers, and I intend to plan a roller ride into each day this week just to cement that habit.

Saturday's journal exercise is to reflect on things I like about myself:
I am a good friend and I do things to make other people's lives happier.
I am self-motivated.
I am not afraid to try something out of the ordinary or challenge accepted behaviours to find what is right for me.
I am true to my beliefs and values. I am genuine.
I am original. I don't try to copy others.
I take genuine joy in others' achievements and good fortune.
I am changing my behaviours to harm the earth less and less.

Sunday's journal exercise is to write a particular poem, but I am going to do that tomorrow as I need to be in the right physical space to make a poem, and I'm not there right now. Stay tuned!

PS: I am wearing a top that fit me nicely two weeks ago, and now it is loose! I could easily wear a size down!

No comments:

Post a Comment