Thursday 12 January 2012

Water fast continued

I didn't do well today at all with the water cleanse. To be honest I was scared of it before it started and I talked myself out of it without giving it a chance. It's the only day I've done that - I've relished the other deep cleansing days. But I am reflecting on how much I've changed even though I didn't do the water fast. A few weeks ago I couldn't contemplate having juice for breakfast and feeling full until lunch. Now I'd be so disappointed if I couldn't have juice or a smoothie for breakfast, and it keeps me satisfied for ages! I'm not tempted by junk food in the slightest, and any cooked foods that do tempt me are the better ones - rice, lentil dishes, stir fried vegies. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't walk past a cake without leaving it unmolested! So I have no reason to doubt that while I currently can't face a water fast day, I'll come to embrace it in the 28-day cleanse (if it features) or in the next 21-day cleanse, or some other time in the not-too-distant future.

Even though I'm not eating perfectly, then, a positive change is afoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment