Wednesday 11 January 2012

Day 11 - Water fast day!

I didn't do the water fast.

I'm just not ready yet. I gave it a go but to be honest I wasn't committed from the outset - I had my doubts before I began. Already by late morning I was hungry and I lost it! I ate some cooked food - bread and hommus - breaking the raw cleanse for the first time!

And you know what? It wasn't the end of the world. It wasn't a tragedy. I'd gotten really intense with myself about not cheating, feeling that if I once cheated then it would be easier and easier to do again, but it's actually no big deal. I didn't enjoy my cooked snack nearly as much as I thought, and now I'm back on the program and not sweating it.

Because I just can't mentally face the water fast today, I've been eating very basic, simple raw foods. Orange juice, tomatoes, a few almonds. I'm drinking lots of water and sun tea and I feel fine. For dinner tonight I'll have a green smoothie - fast to prepare, yummy and satisfying.

I did yoga again this morning and gee it felt tough today! Maybe these light-eating days are stripping my energy a bit, or maybe it's a symptom of detox? Either way I'm happy to go with the flow and just see what happens.

Jinjee talks about trying to learn from every experience, including 'cheating' on the program. I learned today that actually the raw foods we've been having are sooooo much yummier than any cooked food! We have cakes and goodies in our house at the moment, courtesy of friends who brought them to a gathering yesterday, and even the smell of them is unappetising to me. The smell of a ripe aprocot on the other hand - I feel as though I can smell it like I've never smelled it before. So rich and complex and delicious!

Another thing I can learn from is to try and figure out why the water fast is too intimidating for me right not. One reason is that I don't want to eliminate the one aspect of my day the can be relied on to be pleasurable! How sad is that - eating as my reliable joy! It's great motivation to cultivate little indulgences that aren't based on food.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment